Auto Insurance Claims
Welcome to Florida Litigators. We can help you with your automobile insurance claim needs. That’s why we made this guide to help you understand your auto insurance policy. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call to speak with an attorney for a no obligations consultation. 561-463-8444
Understanding Insurance Coverage
The Insurance Policy, Declarations, Page and Endorsements: to understand an auto insurance policy first read the declarations page, the policy which is a contract between the insured and the insurance company, and any endorsements. These documents contain the specific information related to the coverage including the terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions.
There are two types of liability coverage bodily injury and property damage. These coverages protect you or cover you from legal liability up to the limit selected for damages caused in a covered accident. This means if it’s your fault and you would be legally obligated to pay for another person’s injuries and damages as the result of a cover auto accident, the bodily injury liability would pay for the damages up to the selected limit. Property damage liability insurance covers you for damages to property. The insurance company will hire a lawyer and defend you if you are sued.
If you have been in an automobile accident that was not your fault and injured, the at fault driver’s liability insurance coverage would be available to pay your damages and perhaps other drivers in the accident. If you have been hurt in and accident and would like help to determine the available liability coverage of the at fault driver give us a call and we can request this information from the insurance company on your behalf. 561-436-8444.
Personal Injury Protection Coverage
Personal Injury Protection coverage is commonly referred to as PIP and “no-fault insurance”. In Florida, the state requires each person who owns a motor vehicle to carry PIP coverage. PIP covers the insured as well as omnibus insureds which could include family members, passengers, and pedestrians that don’t own cars regardless of fault. PIP offers up to $10,000.00 in coverage for medical bills, lost wages, millage, and loss of house hold services. PIP may be subject to up to a $1,000.00 deductible. If you have questions about your PIP insurance give us a call 561-463-8444.
Medical Payments Coverage
Medical Payments Coverage can cover PIP co-pays and additional treatment in excess of your PIP coverage. PIP only covers 80% of your medical bills and a maximum of $10,000.00 in coverage. Medical payment coverage can cover the other 20% and medical bills in excess of $10,000.00
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage pays for damages that you may legally be entitled to when an accident is not your fault for bodily injury when the at fault driver has no or inadequate insurance coverage. When you’re in an accident that is no fault of your own, you have no control over how much insurance coverage the other driver has. Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage also provides coverage for hit and run accidents. If you have a question about uninsured motorist Coverage give us a call at 561-463-8444.
Collision coverage pays for damages when your vehicle is overturned or If it collides with another automobile or object. This coverage may be subject to a deductible.
Comprehensive coverage pays for damage caused by any event other than a car collision. Comprehensive coverage typically includes coverage for incidents such as theft, vandalism, hail, fire, and flood damage.
Loan/Lease Payoff Coverage
When a vehicle is not owned this type of coverage helps
protect the insured from owing more than the vehicle is worth when a total loss
Custom Parts or Equipment Coverage
Custom Parts or Equipment insurance covers automobile
accessories and enhancements. This type
of coverage is typically purchase for non-manufacture improvement that would
not qualify for full coverage under collision insurance.
Rental Reimbursement Coverage
An automobile insurance policy with rental reimbursement
pays for rental car charges incurred while your vehicle is being repaired.
Roadside Assistance Coverage
Roadside Assistance Coverage provides aid when your vehicle
becomes disabled. Typically, this
coverage includes towing as well as other assistance to aid with a mechanical
or electrical breakdowns, dead batteries, flat tires, empty gas tanks, and lock
WE GET RESULTS
Our firm has handled thousands of insurance claims and litigated hundreds of lawsuits to successful conclusion on behalf of our clients. We take cases on hourly, flat fee, contingent, and hybrid contracts. Insurance companies deny, delay, and don’t pay. Get a lawyer on your side with a proven track record. Consultations are complementary. Contact us to find out, give us a call at 844-529-8444 to speak directly with a lawyer..